How to get back into the swing of things
The holidays are over, and you let your hair down just a
little over the Christmas break? That’s more than okay, but do you find that
you are struggling with getting yourself back on track now that we are already
half-way into the first month of the year??
Its okay to have a break every now and then, after all we are human. We are mid-way through the first month of the year and you’ve noticed you’ve lost your rhythm and groove to get back into the swing of things.
Here are a few tips to get you back on track!
- Get back into a proper sleep routine, as a lot of our other blogs mention time and time again sleep is SO IMPORTANT for your body to recover. Going to bed at the same time and waking up at the same time will reset your body clock.
- Prepare some meals on a Sunday so you are ready to go for the week and don’t have to think about what’s for lunch at the takeaway shop down the road
- Allocate a time whether it be in the morning or afternoon that you can regularly perform your structured exercise program (if you don’t have one come in and see us to sort that out for you!).
- Swap out unhealthy snacks that you’ve been able to binge on over the Christmas break for some fruit and a handful of nuts.
- Reduce your screen time to allow for your brain to switch off of a night-time
- Perform this every day, remember! It takes 66 days of constant routine to form a new habit.
With this said, once you get in the routine the habit will form and it will be autonomous for you to make every week productive!
If you are still having trouble with sorting out a routine
for your week, why don’t you come in and see one of our exercise physiologists
and they can point you in the right direction.